"Taking it one date at a time"

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Say Cheese....

Ok, so ask me about my date last night....

Wow, when he sent me his picture I thought he was too good to be true. So, being the ever-too-hopeful girl I am, I had a few phone conversations with him.. He was cute enough to be a model for Abercrombie & Fitch, or GAP, or some such store. Smart, funny, responsible--why would a guy like that want to find love online?


It never occurred to me to ask why, in his picture, he wasn't smiling.

That was for me to find out -- I almost had a heart attack when "he" came to pick me up for our date (something I do not recommend to others, for just this reason).. he was so cute and as I opened the door to smile at him, he smiled back. And then I almost fell over backwards. NOT in a good way!! When he smiled, it all became clear why he did not want to display his "pearly whites" (yellows? taupe’s?) in the picture!! Okay, I am sure everyone has heard the term "chiclets" used to describe someone's teeth before...I almost want to use that term, because of the small square shape of them, but given their irregularity and the wide gaps between them, he suddenly in my head became "corn tooth boy"!!! And of course was one of those guys who insisted on holding hands during the whole movie, which was making me squirm with disgust but I did it to be nice--and then I actually feigned falling asleep in the car in the hopes he wouldn't try to kiss me good night--no such luck--it was all I could do to escape with a quick "thank you" and a wave before I ducked into my house!!! That in itself was a scary enough experience to make me NEVER want to meet anyone online again!!



But of course I will. Keep taking it one date at a time.

2 comments:

SalaciousVersification said...

O goodness! That was an awful experience, huh?!

I like your blog! It's very interesting!

Whenever you have time, please check out my blog website at:
http://greenorange-singer7.blogspot.com/
THANX and good luck with online dating!

the scarecrow said...

Ye gods, that sounds intensely awful. Thank goodness he didn't try kiss you goodnight.

Poor guy, though. I wonder why he hasn't considered getting them fixed? Teeth are one of the first things people notice, and they're also one of the few things people don't make a huge fuss about changing. It's not like it's plastic surgery.