"Taking it one date at a time"

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2nd Date Marathon...

After weeks of emailing and speaking on the phone, I finally had my second date with Cowboy. When I arrived late to our date (I had NO IDEA where I was going) there he was sitting on a bench looking nervous. We had agreed to take each other on in a game of pool and the place that we had met had not one table available. We ended up at a dive bar with some crazy people and crazy music. He apologized over and over, but it was the only place that he could think of in the vicinity - he had traveled an hour just to meet me. He was such a gentleman, he was hilarious, entertaining, and he was hot! He stuck up for me when some jerk was making inappropriate comments to me. Who doesn’t love a man who can protect you? Hours flew by in a minute and the next thing we knew we were starving!

We traveled all over Vancouver that night, eating, talking, playing pool, and learning about one another. Around 2 am we found ourselves in his end of town. He offered to let me follow him all of the way home, which would have been two more hours on the road for him. I didn’t think that was necessary, so I asked him if he would mind if I stayed the night on his couch. He agreed to let me stay and being the gentleman that he is, gave me his bed while he slept on the couch.
We spent the rest of the weekend together. We drove to Stanley Park, we climbed Grouse mountain, hiked, ate, laughed, went back to his place and cooked together and we watched movies.

It was all very magical and I finally had to go back to reality, because he had to get to work on Monday. It was such a great weekend but I'm not sure when we will see eachother again......He has to head out of town for work again......

0 comments: